Learn About the Field of Orthodontics and Your Treatment Options
Do you have an improper bite? Speech issues? A misaligned smile? You may benefit from visiting an orthodontist near Camden.
Having a better understanding of what orthodontic treatment entails can help you determine what your specific needs are. At Penn Dental Medicine, our post-graduate orthodontic students and expert faculty can help provide affordable, quality care.
Fast Facts About Orthodontics Near Camden
- Most orthodontic patients are in their teenage years, between 12 and 18 years old. Still, one in four orthodontic patients is an adult.
- The movement of teeth is a response to pressure. Thumb-sucking, for example, can generate pressure and cause unnatural shifts in position. Orthodontic treatments, such as braces and invisible braces, can move teeth back into alignment over a period of time.
- Overcrowded teeth are more difficult to clean around and therefore present a greater risk for developing cavities and periodontitis.
- Malocclusion is a condition that refers to different jaw sizes in the same person. The two main types of malocclusion are overbite (when the upper jaw is larger) and underbite (when the lower jaw is larger).
- Many orthodontic treatments can be considered expensive for cost conscious patients. However, Penn Dental Medicine is the teaching clinic of the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. Our educational mission allows us to charge patients reasonable fee to cover the operating costs and services of the clinic.
- Orthodontic treatment offers patients two overarching benefits: it can improve the appearance of a smile, and it can prevent dental problems from developing in the future.
- PDM offers a variety of treatments within this dental specialty, including traditional metal braces, invisible braces, lingual braces, and more.
Interested in learning why Penn Dental Medicine is one of the leading orthodontic providers in the Philadelphia area? Download our infographic and receive details about this dental specialty.
To schedule an appointment with an orthodontist near Camden, contact our office today.